Available in many styles and sizes, steel doors are a perfect complement for today’s homes. Aside from being the main access point, the front entry door is without question the elegant and attractive focal point in a house and must provide uncompromising durability and security. A beautiful entry door is part of the architectural facade that creates the first impression anyone has of your home and can significantly enhance the curb appeal and perceived value of your property.
Because of their tough construction, steel doors will provide reliable protection against intruders and withstand years of adverse weather conditions with minimal maintenance. Unlike wood, steel doors resist shrinking, swelling and warping. Whether you are looking to refurbish your home for your own living or increase the resale value, steel doors from Windows Plus Design offer durable and affordable solutions for your exterior door needs.
- Strength – Energy efficient polyurethane foam core is securely bonded to steel door skins for superior thermal performance and added strength.
- Durability – 24-gauge galvanized steel is the most cost effective material for doors. Steel doors are virtually maintenance free, provide long service life, offer superior durability and tested performance; an excellent choice when security is a concern.
- Security – Solid wood lock-block reinforcing ensures handle set and deadbolt hardware is mounted securely. Steel plate in frame reinforces strike area to help prevent jamb from splitting due to applied force.
- Construction – Wood edge door construction featuring wider stiles provide increased durability and strength to resist warping and cracking. Frame is made from kiln dried finger jointed pine, optional vinyl cladding is available.
- Profile – Standard and high definition panels in a variety of panel profiles, prefinished in Polytex factory white. Selected 8 ft. models available.
- Weather Tightness – Adjustable multi-finned sweep interconnects with crown of thermally broken sill to eliminate frost transfer. Q-Lon weather-stripping around frame resists wind, snow and rain.